- “Know Your Enemy” – improve understanding of social and ecological vulnerability
- “Plan for Change” – build climate change into planning frameworks
- “Get Smart” – develop education and outreach programs
- “Act, Watch and Learn” – monitor, evaluate and report
- “Put the House in Order” – develop internal and external arrangement
- “Money Talks” – enhance revenue streams to councils
The report was prepared by researches from the CSIRO's Climate Adaptation Flagship, the University of the Sunshine Coast, and WWF Australia. Funding for the project was provided by a grant from the Australian Government's Department of Climate Change.
The full report and press release can be downloaded through the Sydney Coastal Councils Group website: http://www.sydneycoastalcouncils.com.au/system-approach-to-regional-climate-change-adaptation-strategies-in-metropolises/index.php