Climate Change Strategist
Works on climate change consulting projects for federal, state, and local governmental agency clients, with emphasis on assessing impacts of climate change on extreme weather events and natural disasters and developing adaptation strategies. Supports assessment of market opportunities and development of business strategies related to climate change. Helps company build a growing climate change consulting services practice.
- Works on climate change consulting projects for federal, state, and local government agency clients, with emphasis on impacts of climate change on extreme weather events and natural disasters. The scope of these projects typically entails one or more of the following: 1) analyzing/assessing the potential effects, impacts, and consequences of climate change on the built environment and natural ecosystems (especially related to impacts on natural disasters); and 2) developing and evaluating adaption and disaster response strategies to respond to the associated risks.
- Writing reports and other documents for, and making formal and informal presentations to, both technical and lay audiences.
- Works with corporate Marketing to prepare marketing content and materials (e.g., web content, brochures, conference displays, etc.) related to the climate change service line.
- Networks in climate change field, including participating and presenting at relevant stakeholder associations and conferences and meeting with potential clients and business partners.
- Acts as an internal consultant and analyst on a range of projects related to natural hazard identification, risk assessment, mitigation, and disaster response.
- Analyzes climate change market opportunities and recommends business strategies to Senior Management.
- An MS degree (or higher) in climatology, meteorology, atmospheric science, environmental science, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in performing studies related to climate, climate change, and/or extreme weather events.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge and understanding of climate change science, including IPCC, CCSP, and other research and studies, as well as state and Federal laws, regulations, and policies related to climate change.
- Strong skills in statistical analyses
- High level of interpersonal skills – position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to: 1) produce written technical documents for technical and lay audiences; and 2) make formal and informal presentations to technical and lay audiences
- Ability to cross-train staff to move the company to the leading edge of the climate change market.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
Job Location - Fairfax, VA, US
Position Type - Full-Time/Regular
Application information available here.